photo darling-header_zpswtwkdcas.png
 photo home_zpshvywoptq.png  photo about_zpsydmjl24b.png  photo faqs_zpsuv8jjpbe.png  photo videos_zps0mddtpry.png  photo sledhockey_zpsli4gq33r.png

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Good Gifts

“You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead? Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not! So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him." Matthew 7:9-11

I can ask God for 100% healing for Cale. I can ask Him to make this process as quick as possible, and I can ask Him to restore to Cale and I all that we've lost. I can ask God to open the doors for the best rehab in the country, I can ask God to make this journey easy on us, I can ask Him to take away all the pain and make this all better. He is the God that loves me, holds me, and cares for me. What I forget is that He sees the WHOLE picture. I can ask for all these good gifts from Him, but I am just human. I don't have enough understanding within me to know what the good gifts really are. I only think I know when I come before the Lord with my list of requests. I was challenged today to come to Him with my heart open to the good gifts that He has ready to pour on me, even though in my small grasp of all that's going on I may choose something else. He calls me to trust Him and know that He's not going to give us a stone or snake (of a stocking full of coal!), rather, He knows the plans He has for us, they are plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us hope and a future!

Today I received an exciting little package! A week after Cale came home from Afghanistan in December, we had the opportunity to be a part of a live recording for the Christopher Hopper Band. It was so much fun and Cale and I felt God's presence so strong that night while having a blast with the music! Christopher is a man that Cale respects a ton, and him and his wife have a very special place in our hearts. Their newest CD was just released! Click Here to get to know the band, all that's been happening with them, and to order the CD if you'd like! Cale and I spent a little while before dinner dancing around to the great music :)

I'm going to ask all of you for a really big favor...if you read this blog (even if this is your first post ever reading!) will you send me your address to prayingforcale@yahoo.com I promise I'm not going to give it out to anyone! I have a special something that I would love to send. Don't worry, I could send out a 1,000 and it won't be a problem! It's nothing big and nothing that is going to drain me so don't think that if you send it I already have too many to do! If you don't feel comfortable, that's totally fine too! I have some addresses off the birthday cards from Cale, but when he opened the cards...some didn't survive ;) It would be a huge blessing for me to be able to do this!

9) I'm thankful for the two women that God has brought into my life since the accident that are facing the same fears, emotions, joys, grief, pain, comfort, peace, and love that I am. We are 3 women from the same state that are watching our husbands relearn life. It's a tough battle we're fighting, but how amazing that with all of the stories I've heard of so many wives that have left their husbands (when something like this has happened), the three of us choose to wake up every morning and put on the full armor of God. There have been nights that I've cried specifically for the two of them. My heart aches because I know the pain they feel, I know the memories that pull at me, I know the crazy amount of tears that have been shed...and because I have come to deeply care for Amy and Katie, my heart truly hurts for them. God is faithful and has carried each of us, lifted us up, and pours out His love and peace over and over again. I love both of you and think that you are amazing! I am so very thankful for each of you and that the Lord has so sweetly placed you along my journey even though I would have loved to meet you some other way ;)

Please continue to pray for Amy and Katie!!!


Amy :)


Katie :)

2 comments:

  1. My Friend, Father is kind of funny, Katie I have known for almost 30 years. Amy, I pray for all the time. In fact you three are the ones I follow on a daily basis. :) I trust Father for each of you. :) May you have a special touch of Father's grace this very moment, Marion Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Hayner11/10/10, 9:20 PM

    I have to say, Katie and Amy and Ben and Adam have been on my heart so much in the past week! the Lord's heart is definitely on you three couples, and He reminds my heart to stay there too! :) loveya!

    ReplyDelete

Please included at least your first name and know that we are reviewing each comment so it may take up to 12 hours to post. Thank you all for your constant encouragement and prayers.

Blogging tips